My Spiralizer was by far one of my favorite Christmas presents this year. I've been Spiralizing everything in my house lately. The possibilities are endless! If you're looking to add more vegetables into your diet, this is the perfect way to do so. I've been getting quite creative with my Spiralizer so stay tuned for more recipes!
This recipe combines your favorite vegetables with crisp turkey bacon! It can be made as a side dish or made into a meal by topping it with a poached egg!
Yields 8 servings
3 cups Brussel sprouts (sliced in half)
2 medium zucchini, spiralized
1/2 medium onion, chopped
6 slices turkey bacon
2 tbsp + 2tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp red chili flakes
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Place sliced Brussel sprouts on a baking sheet and drizzle with 2tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper
3. Bake for 20 minutes (until they are crisp and deep golden brown)
4. While your Brussel sprouts are baking, cook turkey bacon in a skillet until crisp. Remove from skillet and chop into about 1/2 inch squares
5. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a skillet. Add your chopped onion and cook until translucent.
6. Add in your Spiralized zucchini and sauté for 5 minutes.
7. Add in your baked Brussel Sprouts, chopped turkey bacon
8. Stir in your parmesan cheese and red chili flakes