The warm weather is FINALLY here in Michigan (and hopefully here to stay)! This means lots of grilling in the foreseeable future.
And what better way to start off the grilling season than with some WHITE BEAN BURGERS!
This recipe is my favorite because it is almost foolproof and you likely have most of these ingredients on hand!If you don't have carrots, you can swap in another vegetable like zucchini or mushrooms and you can use almost any type of bean you have on hand.. even black beans ;)
Yields 6 burgers.
2 (15.5oz) cans of white beans (I used cannellini beans)
1/3 cup yellow onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
2/3 cup grated carrots
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 large egg (beaten)
3 tbsp fresh lime juice
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil on a medium-size skillet. Add in the onion. Cook for about 4 (until onions become translucent).
2. Add in the garlic, grated carrot, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for another 2 minutes.
3. Add your sautéed vegetables to a blender pulse. I prefer to leave some chunks to give the burgers more texture.
4. Transfer to a bowl and add in the parsley, thyme, breadcrumbs and egg. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
5. Shape into 6 patties. Place on a parchment-covered baking sheet and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
6. When ready, either grill on each side for 3-4 minutes or cook stovetop in a skillet with a little olive oil with the same cooking time.