This is sure to be the only peanut butter cookie recipe you will ever need! I’ve given your traditional, old-fashioned peanut butter cookies a healthy twist….. and then dipped them in chocolate! These cookies are deliciously simple and sure to fix your sweet tooth craving.
Yields 16 cookies
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 cup natural peanut butter
1 cup honey
1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp fine grain sea salt
1 cup of dark chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2) Combine the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix together.
3) Whisk the wet ingredients into another bowl and mix together.
4) Combine both the wet and dry ingredients together in a bowl.
5) Form the dough into 1 ½ tbsp. round balls and place onto the lined baking sheets.
6) Using a fork, flatten the balls making a crisscross pattern.
7) Bake for 8-10 minutes.
8) Remove from oven and allow them to cool completely. (Do not discard parchment paper on baking sheets)
9) Pour chocolate chips into a microwavable bowl. Microwave dark chocolate chips at 30 second intervals for 2 minutes and stir.
10) Dip each chocolate chip into the melted chocolate and place it back onto the lined baking sheet.
11) Put sheets into the fridge and allow the chocolate to cool. When completely cooled, place into a seal-tight container and keep refrigerated.