I was so excited to receive a PerfectSlice Bakeware Cake Pan and couldn't wait to bake with it! Have you ever made a delicious dessert and end up ruining it by butchering it into uneven, messy pieces? Been there, done that - too many times! PerfectSlice Bakeware takes the struggle out of slicing your baked-goods, guaranteeing perfect portions! There are grid lines along the outer edge of the pan that work as a guide when cutting. These allow you to decide how big or small you would like your portions to be. The pan comes with a PerfectSlice cutting tool which you line up along the grid lines and press down. I can't believe I've gone this long without it!!
Here's the Lemon Zucchini Bar recipe I made with this cake pan!! Does anyone else have an abundance of zucchini this time of year? I sure do, which is why adding them to a dessert
adds a nice little nutritional boost!!
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup shredded zucchini (drained)
3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup Earth Balance Butter (or butter of choice)
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp lemon zest
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1. Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl: whole wheat flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, salt.
2. Shred zucchini with a grater. Be sure to ring out any excess water.
3. Combine wet ingredients: zucchini, apple sauce, butter, egg almond milk, lemon juice, lemon zest.
4. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
5. Grease your 9x 13 PerfectSlice baking pan and pour the mixture in. Spread across the bottom evenly.
6. Bake at 350 for 22-25 minutes.
Tip: I sliced my bars while they were still warm!