Happy St. Patrick's Day! What better way to celebrate than with a fun green dessert!! This dessert is sweet-and-tart but also creamy-and-crunchy. Now the recipe is yours to enjoy :)
I topped them with unsweetened coconut flakes and dried cranberries!
Yields 6 servings
12 Medjool dates
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (plus extra for garnish)
1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
For the mousse:
2 large avocados
3 tbsp raw honey
1 large lime
1 tsp vanilla extract
1) Soak Medjool dates in water for 10 minutes
2) Blend Medjool dates in the blender until it creates a paste
3) Pour date paste into a bowl. Add the walnuts, unsweetened coconut flakes, and coconut oil.
4)Add the meat of your avocados to your blender and pulse for 20 seconds
5) Add the honey, juice of the lime, and vanilla extract and blend.
6) Time to assemble: at this point, you should have two bowls, one of your bottom layer and one of the mouse. Scoop 2 tbsp of the bottom layer into a bowl. Scoop 3-4 tbsp of the mousse on top.
7) Optional: Garnish with unsweetened coconut flakes and dried cranberries