If you’re looking for a soup to warm you up, this is the recipe FOR YOU! This creamy, Thai-inspired soup is also vegan AND a good source of protein. It’s time to get cooking!
1 large head of cauliflower, broken into small florets, stems chopped
1 ½ cups vegetable broth
1 (15oz) can of cannellini beans
1 can (14 ounces) light coconut milk
½ cup unoaked white wine
1 medium yellow onion, diced
¼ cup chopped green onions or chives
4 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons Red Thai Curry Paste
2 tsp rice vinegar
½ teaspoon lemon zest
½ teaspoon sugar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
Thinly sliced jalapeño
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread the cauliflower on a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast until the tips of the cauliflower are golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes.
2. In a large pot, warm 2 tbsp olive oil. Add the onion and a dash of salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion becomes translucent. (about 3 minutes). Add the curry paste and lemon zest and stir to incorporate. Raise the heat to medium-high and add in the wine. Stir frequently until most of the wine has become evaporated.
3. Add all of the roasted cauliflower stems and half of the florets to the pot. Add the cannellini beans, vegetable broth, coconut milk and sugar.
Simmer on low for 5 to 10 minutes to help the flavors meld together. Remove the pot from the heat.
4. Use an immersion blender to blend mixture to a smooth consistency.
5. Stir in 2 teaspoon vinegar and salt and pepper to taste. Ladle the soup into 4 separate bowls. Top each bowl with cauliflower florets, basil, green onions and jalapeños.