This recipe has all of the creamy, fluffy, chocolate goodness of mousse without the guilt! I've used avocados as the base which means this dessert is full of healthy fats, protein, vitamins and minerals, and fiber! What's not to love about a dessert with nutritional benefits?
I made this chocolate avocado mousse for dessert on new year eve and it was a huge hit! I topped it with fresh raspberries and chopped dark chocolate.
Yields 6 servings
1 can full fat coconut milk, chilled
1/2 cup raw honey
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
Toppings (optional): raspberries or desired fruit , 1/3 cup chopped dark chocolate
1) Chill coconut milk overnight
2) Peel avocados and remove pit
3) Add avocado, honey, cocoa powder, coconut oil, and vanilla extract into a large bowl and mix until combined
4) Scoop out the top part of the chilled coconut milk, leaving the coconut water behind. Add it into your food processor and mix on low until it becomes fluffy
5) Combine the avocado mixture with the fluffed coconut milk in the food processor
6) Portion and top with fruit and chopped chocolate!