I’m always looking for new ingredients I can cook or bake with! I came across chickpea flour but it has been sitting in my cupboard for quite some time. I’ve never cooked or baked with it but I knew it would come in handy someday. That day finally came and OH-MY-GOSH…. so delicious. I’ve combined the chickpea flour with my Vanilla Arbonne Protein Powder to create the fluffiest pancakes you will ever eat! These pancakes are completely gluten-free and dairy free!! Plus, garbanzo beans are packed with protein, fiber and iron. You don’t want to miss out on these Oh-So-Delicious protein pancakes!
Chickpea flour is also relatively inexpensive and can be found at your local grocery store! You can also purchase the Vanilla Arbonne Protein Powder HERE as I'm not sure if the taste and texture will maintain without it.
Yields 8-10 small pancakes
2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 cup Arbonne Vanilla Protein Powder
1/2 cup chickpea flour
1 medium banana
1 egg (egg yolk and egg white separated)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1. In a large bowl, combine Arbonne Vanilla Protein Powder, chickpea flour, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder
2. In a separate bowl, mash the banana. Mix in the almond milk, egg yolk and vanilla extract.
3. Combine the wet and dry ingredients together
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until it soft peaks form
5. Fold the egg whites into the batter
6. On a greased, medium heat griddle, scoop 1/4 of the batter for each pancake
7. Brown on both sides and serve immediately!