Carrot Cake Biscotti
Easter baking on the mind?
I have you covered with these delectable Carrot Cake Biscotti!!
1 cup shredded carrots
½ cup raisins
¼ cup pecans
½ cup vegan butter (I used Flora Plant-Based)
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup cane sugar
2 eggs (room temperature)
3.5 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1.5 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp salt
White Chocolate to melt and drizzle
1. Preheat oven to 350F In a blender, pulse your carrots, raising and pecans. Now add in your butter, both types of sugar and eggs.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt and mix well. Add your carrot mixture to the flour mixture and mix well.
3. Add a little bit of flour to the surface you are working on and then place down your dough. Divide your dough in half. Shape each half into a long roll-like shape, about a foot long and about ½ inch or so high.
4. Bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes then cut into crosswise slices. Arrange back onto your baking sheet (you’ll be re-baking each side at a time) Lower the temperature of your oven to 315. Bake for another 10 minutes. Flip to the other side and bake for another 10 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack and let it cool completely.
5. Place a piece of parchment paper underneath your cooling rack for easier cleanup.
6. Melt your white chocolate 30 second increments in a glass bowl. Use a fork and drizzle back and forth over your biscotti. Let them set for up to 20 minutes then enjoy!