I recently tried I Heart Keenwah Toasted Quinoa and learned that there is quite a taste difference between typical quinoa and toasted quinoa. When the quinoa is toasted, it unlocks a nutty, roasted-like flavor. The company sent me their delicious toasted quinoa and a sample of regular quinoa to compare. I did a little taste testing and was so impressed! Check them out and all of their delicious quinoa products: www.iheartkeenwah.com
So of course I had to make a delicious treat out of this tasty quinoa! You're sure to love it!
Yields 12 bars
1 cup cooked I Heart Keenwah Quinoa
1/2 cup quick oats
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup chia seeds
2 medium ripe bananas
2 large eggs
2 tbsp peanut butter
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
2. Combine quinoa, oats, sugar, chia seeds, baking powder and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
2. In another bowl, combine bananas, eggs, peanut butter, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
3. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Mix thoroughly.
4. Fold in blueberries.
5. Pour mixture into a 9x9 baking pan lined with parchment paper
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool completely before slicing.
Calories: 172 | Fat: 5 g | Carb: 29 g | Protein: 7g